Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Green Machine

DESCRIPTION: Caddis is definitely the most predictable and effective food source on our free-stone rivers. In spring Yellowstone and Madison Rivers produce excellent Mother's Day Caddis hatches, then during summer months, many species bloom!!
As much as I like to fish with dry-flies, I know the effectiveness of caddis pupa patterns and every so often, I don't mind going down and deep quickly!!

Green Machine is a modified version of a couple of other commercial patterns so I can tie more quickly.  It can be fished under an indicator in the nymph-rig or as a dropper behind a dry-fly. Swinging among hatch/rise or just to cover water is also very effective!!
Oh, I forgot to mention it does work on Gallatin too!

SIZE: 14, 16, 18
PRICE: $2.25 each
Shown is with a Gold Beadhead, however I also use Silver, Copper, and Nickel and have fished with each with great success. If you desire a specific color, please specify. If you don't, I would mix up a couple of different colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment