DESCRIPTION: Craneflies are one of aquatic insect that inhabit in Livingston's spring creeks. My own larva patterns: Sparkle Crane Larva & Brindle Crane Larva are the most effective and essential patterns.
In the early evening (or very late afternoon) of summer days, cranefly adults are found hatching and floating on the surface. Compared to PMD hatches (late morning - early afternoon) and other evening actions (PMD spinner falls and evening caddis hatches), cranefly would be categorized minor. Yet they hatch just in between major actions. Every now and then trout look up and we can have dry-fly fishing during otherwise slow/transitional time of day. It won't hurt to keep cranefly adult pattern in your fly-box.
Silhouette is the Number 1 factor as designing this pattern. Entirely slim and sparse. Hackle fibers are trimmed flat on the bottom. This should sit low and quiet on the creek surface.
PRICE: $2.25 each
SIZE: 12, 14
- Official Website
- Catalog Top
- Company Info
- Catalog Navigation & Price List
- How to Order & Buy Trout Flies
- Atlantic Salmon Flies: Single Fly Custom Order
- Atlantic Salmon Flies: Frames Currently For Sale
- Atlantic Salmon Fly Gallery - 1: Traditional & Classic
- Atlantic Salmon Fly Gallery - 2: Groups & Originals
- Atlantic Salmon Flies - Materials & Tools
- Atlantic Salmon Flies - Books I adore