DESCRIPTION: One of my fly customers showed me a streamer and asked me see if I can reproduce. It looked simple and somewhat old-school kind. I kind of liked it as it had a silhouette and a style. Compared to extravaganza seen in modern streamer, it was sparse yet got enough meat & pulse, that can be used both big rivers and spring creeks. So I took the offer.
It's simple, as seen below, constructed with 4 materials (besides hook & thread). Yet making it look good and achieving right silhouette & proportion required me some trials and errors.
As my customer claims, this catches trout! I have no doubt. I put extra effort as a couple of procedures remind me of building Atlantic Salmon Flies. See the nice & smooth head.
I may add color variations as time goes by. Here are several color variations.
olive, tan, yellow, white.
This is a bi-color mixed version.
Yellow & Brown, Black & Olive, Black & White, Black & Brown, and any combinations as requested.
I have good supplies of barred (grizzly) marabou.
White (black & white grizzly), Tan, and Olive.
SIZE: 4 & 6
Specify size & color.
- Official Website
- Catalog Top
- Company Info
- Catalog Navigation & Price List
- How to Order & Buy Trout Flies
- Atlantic Salmon Flies: Single Fly Custom Order
- Atlantic Salmon Flies: Frames Currently For Sale
- Atlantic Salmon Fly Gallery - 1: Traditional & Classic
- Atlantic Salmon Fly Gallery - 2: Groups & Originals
- Atlantic Salmon Flies - Materials & Tools
- Atlantic Salmon Flies - Books I adore