Description: Bees would probably be ranked the lowest when fly anglers think of terrestrial fishing and fly patterns. I admit I follow the same tendency. However I never go out fishing without bee patterns during summer months. Just like other terrestrial species, there are times when bees swarm along and above rivers (hopefully we don't get stung....). Every now and then trout literally go "NUTS" on bee patterns. But also bee patterns can be important and effective to show trout something different from popularized hoppers and ants. I'm not sure if trout are taking our hooks as bee-stung. Then they would realize they can't swallow and consume down our hooks....... Stories go on and on.
I've been experimenting this pattern for the last few seasons. It's been very effective at various Yellowstone Park waters and during float trips on Yellowstone River. With the heavy use of synthetic materials, this pattern will always float. Besides it surely looks cute in our fly-boxes.
Here are some Cutty who tried to "swat" or "knock off" bees in the air..........
SIZE: 10 & 12 & 14
PRICE: $2.25 each
- Official Website
- Catalog Top
- Company Info
- Catalog Navigation & Price List
- How to Order & Buy
- Atlantic Salmon Flies: Single Fly Custom Order
- Atlantic Salmon Flies: Frames Currently For Sale
- Atlantic Salmon Fly Gallery - 1: Traditional & Classic
- Atlantic Salmon Fly Gallery - 2: Groups & Originals
- Atlantic Salmon Flies - Materials & Tools
- Atlantic Salmon Flies - Books I adore