Thursday, November 7, 2013

No Hackle Gnat

Description: Well, does this pattern need lengthy description? Glancing should be more than enough to understand what this imitates even for those who don't fly-fish. No-Hackle pattern has been the staple for ultimate match-the-hatch situation, which means this is THE MUST HAVE to fish for the hatch at Livingston's spring creeks. To make a long story short, I have become an excellent and efficient tyer for this patter because I tie some Atlantic Salmon Flies ("have started learning to tie" may be appropriate). I can handle duck-wings much better than what I used to be and than what I thought I was capable of!! As you see, I even add slight changes & touches to original No-Hackles. Hope you like my interpretation and techniques.

PMD size 16 & 18
Top view
Here's a real thing. Need I explain?


Sulphur size 18 & 20

BWO or Baetis size 18, 20, 22

Gray (one of Baetis) size 18, 20, 22 

Be specific about species and sizes when you order.
Price: $2.50 each

No comments:

Post a Comment