Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pheasant Puff

DESCRIPTION: I came up with this patter several seasons ago. The more I tie large soft-hackles with pheasant feathers, the more I tie this as well..........It's been proven its effectiveness. It should be considered as one of arsenals during any mayfly hatches at spring creeks. It can be fished as a dry-fly, half-sunken emerger, or ascending nymph/emerger. By simply adjusting size and color, this will imitate pretty much any mayfly species.
This is why it's named so.......
COLOR (abdomen and thorax): Light olive, olive, gray, Sulpher, Rusty
SIZE: 16, 18, 20, 22 with Dai-Riki 310
PRICE: $2.25 each. Please specify color & size!
TYING INSTRUCTION is available in both Word File and in my YouTube channel.

2 comments:

  1. Satoshi - I like this pattern and tie a similar RS2 type pattern using pheasant feathers. Pheasant feathers are very versatile and I find I can use every feather for some fly I need in my box... Please keep them coming I enjoy seeing what your tying these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug, YouTube videos will follow soon. I already shot videos for Pheasant Puff and Mummy Snail. My recent YouTube post is Sparrow as a tribute to Jack Gartside. Yes! Pheasant skin!

      Delete