Description: Since I tie too many COYOTEs, I have lots of pheasant tails at my bench. I was thinking of a reason to reduce my inventory and that was when I came up with this fly...........just kidding.
Pheasant tail fibers are such nice & attractive looking for all kinds of fly patterns. Here, my concept is to create a "cross-dresser". Especially at three famous spring creeks here in Livingston, we all love mayfly hatches. There are several species and hatching activities to be debated all the time. This fly does it all!! Furthermore, by simply changing sizes and colors, this pattern can be any kinds of mayflies!! See the size-&-color chart at the end for your orders.
and PMD with black wing.
It's been proven even by the most selective trout at DePuy's. Here area a brown
and a fine rainbow!!
This is a specific match-the-hatch fly, so I give you a general guide line here.
Calibaetis = size 14, 16, & 18 in tan.
Epeorus & Heptagenia = size 14 & 16 in light olive.
PMD = size 16 & 18 in light olive
Baetis = size 20, 22, & 24 in dark olive
Trico = size 20 & 22 in rusty dun
Sulpher = size 18 & 20 in cream/light cahill
So specify your needs and price is $2.25 each. Flies will be packed in a little containers or boxes.
- Official Website
- Catalog Top
- Company Info
- Catalog Navigation & Price List
- How to Order & Buy Trout Flies
- Atlantic Salmon Flies: Single Fly Custom Order
- Atlantic Salmon Flies: Frames Currently For Sale
- Atlantic Salmon Fly Gallery - 1: Traditional & Classic
- Atlantic Salmon Fly Gallery - 2: Groups & Originals
- Atlantic Salmon Flies - Materials & Tools
- Atlantic Salmon Flies - Books I adore